NEW // "Perfect" [song] by One Direction

With a fifth studio album coming out soon on Friday, November 13th, One Direction have released a new single, as well as a music video, and to be honest, it's pretty "Perfect".
It's upbeat and cute, definitely fitting into the boyband image of the band, and although it's fairly different from the first single off Made in the AM, "Drag Me Down", it's causing a lot of excitement for the new album. Lyrically, it's typical to the "bad boy" image many boybands try to go for, letting the listener know in the first verse that "I might never be the one you take home to mother, and I might never be the one who brings you flowers, but I can be the one, be the one tonight". It tells a catchy story of the protagonist finding someone they can just have some fun with, without being super serious or committed. The black and white themed video features the band having fun in a New York City hotel, and illustrates how the chorus suggests that "If you like midnight driving with the windows down, and if you like going places we can't even pronounce, if you like to do whatever you've been dreaming about, then baby you're perfect".
This song reminds me of when I first started listening to One Direction, when they first started getting popular. They've still got that boyband-youth feel, but with stronger bass lines and more powerful vocals, the band seems to definitely have matured with their fanbase. 
It's been almost four years that I've been a fan of this band, and I'm not even sorry. There's a lot of shame involved in liking certain things, and for some reason, people are really against pop music such as this. Well, I don't really believe in guilty pleasures. I think that if you like something, you shouldn't be afraid of it, and no one should make you feel afraid of it. I love One Direction, and I don't think I'll stop loving them anytime soon. Their music makes me genuinely happy, and you should never feel guilty about happiness.
With an exciting chorus, catchy boyband roots, and flawless vocals, "Perfect" is sure to make anyone happy, no matter their musical views.
Find "Perfect" by One Direction on Spotify and iTunes.

Comments

popular posts