PLAYLIST : walking on campus

cover image : Dayglow
image from : source
I'm doing my final year of undergrad through remote learning, and one of the things I'm going to miss the most is simply going to campus. I'm going to miss catching the bus when it's still a bit chilly in the morning, and walking between buildings as the sun gradually brings the temperature to that nostalgic autumn afternoon warmth. And most importantly, I'm going to miss bringing a carefully chosen collection of songs along with me, and developing that intimate connection with these songs as they accompany me throughout my busiest of days.

So, I took a look back at 28 songs that have soundtracked my way to class for my past three autumns. These are the songs that would occupy my mind on my way home from a long, challenging, or lonely day. They are the songs that sound like the fleeting orange October sun that sets earlier and earlier. They are the songs that I would be ready to abruptly pause as soon as I spotted the friend that I had been walking to meet. And they sound like all of the other indescribable emotions that come along with the transition to a new school year. Not only is this playlist an ode to autumn walks, but it's also an ode to my entire time at university, and all of the experiences I've been lucky enough to have up until now, even though I'm sure that this year will be memorable in its own way.

Listen to the full playlist on Spotify and Apple Music, or check out the tracklist below.


Tracklist:

"Hot Rod" by Dayglow

"Fields of Blue" by Tennis

"Light on the Moon" by Camp Howard

"Sweetheart" by Kate Teague

"Seasons" by Pale Grey

"Chastain" by Del Water Gap

"Red Giant" by Carroll

"Hands Off" by MUNA

"baseball" by Hippo Campus

"Always Blue" by Foreign/National

"Moon Rocks" by Talking Heads

"GET OVER IT" by RAT BOY

"Gum, Toe and Sole" by Gus Dapperton

"Stock S.O." by Valley

"Low Beam" by Her's

"Bad Guy" by Hatchie

"Over My Head" by Fleetwood Mac

"Scorpio Rising" by Soccer Mommy

"This Was a Home Once" by Bad Suns

"Redwoood" by Ultra Q

"Drop the Guillotine" by Peach Pit

"PDA" by Day Wave & Hazel English

"Tea-Soaked Letter" by Anna Burch

"Are You Ever Gonna Change?" by Travis Bretzer

"Half a Million" by The Shins


"Dog Year Lungs" by Girl K

"Burning" by Maggie Rogers

Add the playlist to your library on Spotify or Apple Music.


Comments

popular posts