CURRENTLY // American Beauty / American Psycho [album] by Fall Out Boy

For about the past week leading up to Halloween, American Beauty / American Psycho has definitely been at the top of my recently played. I'm not one of those people that go super hardcore at Halloween; my costumes are very low effort, and I really don't like horror things. I don't know why, but I'm just not huge on the whole "Halloween spirit", but for some reason, listening to this album has made me feel just a little bit more spooky than usual. Even just some of the track titles like "Twin Skeleton's (Hotel in NYC)" and the song behind the album title "American Beauty / American Psycho" seem geared towards this time of year, even though the album was released in January. The album sports lyrics like "Coming in unannounced, drag my nails on the tile, I just followed your scent, you can just follow my smile" from "Irresistible" and "I am your worst, I am your worst nightmare" from "Novocaine", which are just creepy enough to keep it appropriate at all times of the year, but also great to pull out at your Halloween parties. 
Even the instrumental aspects of this album seem oddly spooky. In typical Fall Out Boy fashion, there's chillingly incredible vocals performed by talented frontman Patrick Stump, which even seem to be exaggerated slightly so as to hint towards October. 
The only way to truly understand is to experience. Find American Beauty / American Psycho by Fall Out Boy on Spotify and iTunes.

Comments

popular posts